Our signature handmade ceramic mug with an ergonomic pinched handle and a limited edition vintage Plague Doctor image permanently fired onto the surface. $5 from the sale of every Plague Doctor mug will be given to Gleaners Food Bank of Indianapolis to help feed families in our community.
A little bit about the mug:
- holds 12+ ounces
- microwave safe
- dishwasher safe
- handmade on the potter's wheel by real humans in Indianapolis, Indiana
- pinched signature handle has a spot for every finger to fit comfortable
- balances easily even when full
- indentation under the handle gives extra knuckle room
- the tapered lip makes drinking dribble free
- each one is unique and has the makes of the markers
- we celebrate the variations in size, surface and details
Please note, this is a pre-order for a handmade mug. Average ship times are 1-2 weeks but as unpredictable as everyone's schedules are with covid-19, please allow us 3-4 weeks just in case.
In 2020 when the pandemic began we launched the Plague Doctor mug featuring a vintage etching of a plague doctor to help keep our team of potters employed during the shut down and to help raise money to feed artists in our community who had lost all their gigs overnight with no stability with unemployment confirmed. It was harrowing to say the least but we managed, with everyone's help, to keep our team off unemployment and to feed over 100 families in our community. Beyond that, the food we assembled was in large part from regional farmers who had lost their ability to sell their foods to restaurants and at farmers markets so rather than let the food go bad, we were able to purchase it to distribute. We had a lending hand from Jason Michael Thomas who managed the food boxes, Circadian Coffee who packaged their canceled orders to add to our food boxes, Circle Kombucha who provided their magical elixir and Edible Indy who helped out as well.