The tarot collection was born from my love of the illustrations in the original Rider Waite tarot deck. The illustrations were drawn in 1909 by Pamela Colman Smith in collaboration (or some would say under the direction of) Arthur Edward Waite.
When trying to decide which cards from the major arcana I wanted to work with (because there are too many to do them all at once!) The Star, The Empress, The High Priestess and The Queen of Cups stood out. What powerful images!
The illustration is applied permanently to the mug using an iron oxide transfer method.
Our signature handmade ceramic mug with an ergonomic smooth handle.
- holds 12+ ounces
- microwave safe
- dishwasher safe
- handmade on the potter's wheel by real humans in Indianapolis, Indiana
- smooth extruded handle is comfortable for any size hand
- balances easily even when full
- indentation under the handle gives extra knuckle room
- the tapered lip makes drinking dribble free
- each one is unique and has the makes of the markers
- just like a new pair of jeans, it's perfectly normal for the iron oxide to rub off a little the first couple times you wash it. It's just excess and the image underneath is permanently embedded in the surface of the glaze.
- we celebrate the variations in size, surface and details
Glazed to order. Please allow 1-3 weeks for us to glaze, fire and ship your mug.