Each stoneware wheel thrown travel tumbler is one of a kind.
- holds approximately 16 ounces
- includes a 100% food grade silicone lid and heat resistant band
- microwave safe
- dishwasher safe
- fits in every cup holder we've tested (and we have tested quite a few)
- handmade on the potter's wheel in our Indianapolis studio
- embrace the variations in glaze and surface because that is what makes handmade so beautiful
You've created a brand that stands out from the crowd and now you want one of a kind merchandise that enhances your company image. You want a custom logo, quote or image on a mug, travel tumbler, pilsner, planter, bowl, or other unique item that your customers will be excited about.
Maybe you're hosting an event, planning a party, have a saying you've always wanted on a mug, a family crest - we're happy to make a custom mug for you! Typical turnaround time is 2-3 week for our handmade mugs when you provide artwork that is ready to print! (Keep on scrolling down for artwork requirements)
Gravesco Pottery will collaborate with you to choose our pottery that best fits your brand and showcases your logo, brand mark, lifestyle image or phrase in a way that will knock your socks off. People are going to ask, "Who made your mug?"
All Gravesco Pottery is tan stoneware with our own proprietary glazes and a permanent black glaze transfer. We make and fire all our pottery to ensure durability and longevity. Every piece of pottery is individually handmade on the wheel by our team of skilled potters, and all glazes are made in the Indianapolis studio using Rebecca's signature glaze formulas to ensure they are food safe, microwave safe, dishwasher safe and unique.
We will print your image in black glaze using our black glaze printer onto a special paper that we will then apply to the mug and put it into the kiln for a third firing to make it permanent.
What we need from you to make your custom mug the best it can be:
- black and white line art and lettering works best
- outlines don't always translate well onto the curved surface of a handmade mug so if your logo or artwork has an outline around it we may reach out to approve edits to make sure it looks the best it possibly can
- 300 dpi or better files at least 3" tall (900 pixels) - Ideal image size is 3" high and no more than 3" wide
- There is a $4 upcharge for more than one image or larger images that are more than 3 inches wide. If your artwork exceeds the maximum dimensions on the mug we will reach out discuss the pricing difference before firing.
- jpg, png, eps, pdf files are preferred. If providing a pdf or eps file please ensure text is converted to outlines
Once we've received your artwork we'll send you a photoshop mockup for a final approval before we make your mugs. Justin, our in-house designer will work with you to make your custom pottery look the best it possibly can. If we think your image won't work within the requirements to have a successful kiln firing we'll let you know and make a suggestion for how we can make it the best possible income.
Don't have your own art? No problem!
We have an in-house designer who can work with you to design something you'll love. We are also happy to recommend our favorite illustrators and graphic designers outside our team. While we're not going to design a logo for you, we do have recommendations for amazing artists who can do that for you. If you already have your logo and branding in place, we'll work within your brand guidelines for custom art, quotes, and branding images that enhance your brand and fit seamlessly onto our pottery.
Design services start at $60 per hour and are invoiced in 15 minute increments.
NOTE: If the artwork you provide is not your own we do require a confirmed license from the original artist or brand. We won't engage in copyright or trademark infringement and we know you don't want to, either.
$5 flat rate shipping in the continental United States
how it's done
We use a special glaze printer that prints onto a special fluxed waterslide paper. The image is hand cut then applied to the mug and fired to approximately 1400 degrees making the image bond permanently with the glazed surface. Once fired, your new custom pottery is microwave and dishwasher safe.