When the heater kicks on and pulls the moisture out of the air, the house has been closed up for days…I love a good simmer pot to add a bit of humidity and amazing, non-toxic fragrance to the whole house.
The simmer pot kit includes all of my favorites for an amazing simmer pot. Sometimes I use it as is, and sometimes I’ll toss in a handful of fresh cranberries or apple for a little extra color and fragrance. If you have a spent vanilla bean, pop that in, too.
A simmer pot can last for several days. It’s as simple as adding water as it simmers down. Pop it in the fridge overnight (never leave a burning simmer pot unattended!) and in the morning, pull it out, let it sit until it is room temp if you’re using a glass pot, and simmer some more adding water as needed.
Each packet contains:
- 2 orange slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Bay leaf
- star anise
- instruction card
- cranberry, apple or vanilla are NOT included
- the actual pot is not included - use any sauce pan or mini crockpot
Each packet is enough for 1 simmer pot
It makes a lovely hostess gift or stocking stuffer, too!
- orange: sunshine, optimism + warmth
- cinnamon: prosperity, protection + love
- star anise: calm, protection + good luck
- clove: abundance + protection
- rosemary: rememberance, purification + healing
- cedar: health, strength + vitality
- bay leaf: emotional protection + vitality